Eligible applicants will be a head of household or head of household’s spouse who is 55 to 61 years of age with a verifiable disability or 62+ years of age. There may be household members who are younger as long as the head of household or head of household’s spouse meets the criteria; however, this excludes children under the age of 18. All applicants must provide a government-issued photo identification with date of birth and Social Security card.
Completed applications are placed on the waiting list by AMI level and bedroom size requested in order of recorded application date and time. Screening will be conducted in accordance with the eligibility requirements and criteria in this Tenant Selection Criteria. Changes to the Tenant Selection Criteria will occur as necessary at the discretion of Management. All changes will be posted in the policy binder in The Remington’s Office.
The applicant must be willing to comply with all lease requirements, community rules and unit inspections. Income eligibility is verified annually. The applicant also agrees they will be required to complete an annual recertification that will determine their eligibility and rental amounts for each year. Any tenant that that does not annually recertify their participation in the Tax Credit & HOME Programs will be terminated and they will be required to move from their unit.
- The apartment for which the applicant is applying must be the applicant’s only residence.
- Household income must be at least two and a half (2.5) times the amount of tenant rent. This will be verified using pay stubs or current year costs of living adjustment letter. An Applicant moving in with a Section 8 portable voucher need not have this minimum level of household income and is excluded from this verification requirement.
- Present and previous landlords will be contacted to determine ability to meet rental obligations. If rental history is insufficient, the application may be denied.
|Unit Size||AMI Level||# Allocated at this Property||Income Limit (1) Person Household||Income Limit (2) Person Household||Unit Rent|
- There is a non-refundable fee of $40 for each household member which covers the cost to process the credit report and nationwide criminal, sex offender & eviction services.
- Security deposits are $525 for all apartments.
- Common household animal deposit is $300
- Service animals are exempt for this fee
Prices and availability subject to change without notice.
The Remington Inc. provides Equal Housing Opportunities without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, sex, handicap, disability, or familial status in accordance with Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity requirements. The Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) is strictly adhered to at The Remington.